Friday, October 10, 2008

Dinner and Scary Shuttle Driver

Christy's Point of View

So, while in Germany, you do as the Germans do, right? My meal experience was interesting to say the least. After trying to figure out what to eat, I made the mistake of thinking that meatloaf in Germany would be the same as the meatloaf Mom makes. I was DEAD WRONG!! Meatloaf in Germany is like a triple thick piece of bologna. I'm not a fan of bologna by any stretch of the imagination, not to mention that it was warm. YUCK! The potato salad was pretty good, but it was lukewarm-slightly chilled. At least my hot tea was decent. Mom's dinner looked pretty good, and she let me try it. Roast pork with spicy beer sauce with slivered onions and dumplings.

Scary shuttle driver...well, he wasn't so scary when we left the hotel, but there were quite a few people that were returning to the hotel at the same time we were. There is a limit of 8 passengers in the shuttle, and it was like a mad dash. Mom and I were some of the first people there and rightly got onto the shuttle, the last 2 girls to arrive jumped in first which seriously annoyed us. So to say the least, the shuttle driver wasn't in a great mood because he was 1) already late and 2) had to leave people behind and was questioned as to when he would return. Mom and I were up front with the driver. It was a quick drive back, and I have the bruises to prove it! There are several 'round-abouts', and he whipped around them, causing Mom to grab my arm so that she wouldn't lean into him. I thought she was going to amputate it by holding it so tight! But the driver had several nervous 'twitches'. He fixed his collar about 10 times, touched his hair, forcefully shook his fist, was talking to himself and make chicken head movements as he was driving. If there was a cliff, he would have driven us all over it. Mom thinks he's Russian and has Tourette's syndrome.

Now that we are back at the hotel, we bought a couple of German beers to drink and I have my slides to prepare. I promise to revise them in case I write something stupid from drinking and writing.

Jan's Point of View
We are staying at the Munich Airport Sheraton, a 10 minute shuttle ride from the airport.
The man at the front desk checked us in and told us "sisters" to enjoy our stay! LOL
Christy has had a rough day. I have had a great day.
We went grocery shopping. We bought bagels, cream cheese, apples, a fig, salads, candy bars, water and beer. Dad/Mike would be proud of us.
Christy told the truth. My supper was a 10+ and her's was a 2 (scale 1 - 10).
The hotel room deserves mentioning. It is a very nice room. The doors just never look closed because they stick into the room from the door jambs. The beds are knee high wide twin beds. They have a bottom sheet to lay on and a duvet to cover with, that's all. The duvet doesn't hang over the sides of the bed. Turn over and you are uncovered, brr. Nice fat pillows even it out.
We will get photos posted soon. We love reading everyone's blog comments. Keep them coming. Forward our blog to anyone who needs a laugh.

CHEERS! TIME FOR BEERS!!!

3 comments:

chuckyman06 said...

Haha sisters, I love it. I guess at least you weren't called twins. Bologna isn't a bad meal....although I would never order that in a restaurant. Mom clearly owned you Christy in the ordering food department. Glad you two are having fun and still getting along. Feel free to send me gifts, you have my address now.

-Chet

Ben, Jenny, Katie, and Andy said...

Who orders meatloaf in a restaurant anyway? We say stick with brats next time. Hope you reserved your train tickets without any problem. Looks like a lot of open farmland in the area where you are staying (according to Google Earth). Make sure to include the weather conditions in your updates. Sunny and 70 degrees in Holt, Michigan right now...

Anonymous said...

Mom! The meatloaf! $^*#!
haha, I don't expect either one of you to understand my reference