Friday, October 10, 2008

Welcome to München...

Hello! We have arrive, and have both taken short naps. I know many of you told me not to sleep, but I could not help it!

Christy's Point of View
Well, I've decided the Tylanol Simply Sleep doesn't really work for me. In fact, ever time I about fell asleep I felt like I was falling and would wake up.

Overall, the flight was good. Our female captain did a great job of limiting the turbulance and landed the 767 gracefully on the tarmac. Mom looked out the window after it had gotten dark and then poked me to tell me to look at the 'moon'. Well, I couldn't see around her because the window was off center, but a few seconds later she started laughing. She admitted that it wasn't the moon, but just the light on the wingtip. I don't know why it was cresent shaped, but apparently it was.

Jan's Point of View
I love flying!
We were not seated together on the flight from FWA to O'hare. The lady next to me wouldn't quit talking to me. I wanted to ignore her and look out the window. United needs to clean the windows on that express plane. The fields, trees and water make really neat patterns from the sky.
We had good food on the plane. Haven't eaten since arriving in Munich. It is 3:45 p.m. local time. Eating is next on the list.
We are again at the airport to use the internet (letting Mike know we arrived). We have to get a different type of power converter for Christy to use her computer. Battery has jet lag.
Have used the hotel shuttle bus twice. They bill our room 8€ each for the use. That's better than 50€ for a cab.
Tomorrow we explore Munich. Al-veet-er-zane. (Auf Weidersehen ...with the help of the German phrase book, courtesy of BJKA)

P.S. Our ability to speak-write German is poor!!!! Thank God everyone seems to know English! Ben, what did you mean about requesting privacy?

Rachel, it was great to see you in Chicago. Hope to see you on our return flight!

2 comments:

Ben, Jenny, Katie, and Andy said...

Herzlich willkommen!

Glad to hear you had a nice flight, aside from the chatty neighbor and the tricky wingtip light... The weather forecast for Munich looks pretty good today. Hope you try some REAL German food, not just McDonalds at the airport.

Bis später!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a better meal today!

I am glad to hear you are having fun. It looks like so much fun. Don't worry about West Lafayette and just enjoy yourself. I will be keeping you in my prayers!

God Bless,
Hailey