Thursday, October 9, 2008

Gate 6 - Preparing for Takeoff

Christy's Point of View:

Gate 6 looks something like Platform 9 3/4 (Just for all of you HP fans!). However, if we would make a break for the door and down the jetway, we'd just fall into a heap on the tarmac when we reach the end. We have arrived at FWA, with plenty of time to get on each others nerves before we even takeoff. Just kidding, but we will not be sitting together on the first leg of the trip. For those of you that make fun of me for doing things well in advance, you must know that I get it honestly. Mom made us leave the house around 12:30 pm, for a 4 pm flight. And it is only an hour drive. However, I do not have my slides done...in fact, I only have the first 2 slides done.

But anyway, Dad dropped us off, but we told him he didn't have to wait around until we took off. Especially since he would be by himself after going through security. My Uncle Dale is watching for our flight. He works at FWA and is hoping to be on the flight line. I guess we are being watched over pretty well.


But anyway, we are here and ready to go. I should be doing some school work, but I've got time, right?

From Fort Wayne to Chicago, Mom will be on her own. Is this a good thing? At least if she gets scared she won't be able to claw at me, but I pity the person next to her. Again, I'm just kidding. I had arranged for us to ALWAYS sit next to each other, but the airline changed the itinerary for the first leg of the trip and now we aren't sitting together. :( But at least for the long flight we will sit together. I'd hate to wake up drooling on some stranger, but Mom is okay. ( I DO NOT DROOL WHEN I SLEEP!)

Jan's Point of View:

This is a trip of a lifetime. I am not worried. I'm in God's hands. The only comment I didn't like was Cindy (my sister ) saying I might become fish food if the plane goes into the ocean. I didn't like dwelling on that image. Like Fr. Dave told me, "Have a great time and come home broke."
My niece, Rachel (flight attendant for United) is going to meet us at O'Hare. She will get us on the right plane. So I haven't any worries.

Dobry den! See you in Chicago...or Munich!

4 comments:

Dustin said...

safe travels! i can't wait to see pictures! let me know if i should travel down to munich. ;-)

Ben, Jenny, Katie, and Andy said...

Maybe Mom anonymously called FWA and requested privacy...

Reicheru said...

Haha! I checked the books and that is exactly what happened Ben :) I saw them off, and almost jumped on the plane with them, but realized I didn't bring my passport. Darn! I'm so excited and can't wait for the next blog!!!

Cindy said...

I knew you would love flying! Everything looks like a big quilt at first.